Cultiva adds two industry experts to board of directors, strengthens leadership and sales teams
Cultiva makes strategic hires to complement rapid growth from flagship product, Parka
LAS VEGAS (Jan. 31, 2023) — Building on the growth and success of its proprietary SureSeal® technology and Parka®, its flagship and proven plant health solution that enhances the fruit and leaf cuticle, Cultiva® announces today the addition of two board of directors and strategic talent investments to expand the company’s global footprint.
Joining the board of directors is Sarah Reiter and Susanne Wasson.
“Cultiva is excited to announce the addition of these industry experts to help guide the company toward its goal of becoming the recognized leader in plant cuticle health and expanding our footprint across multiple crops and geographies,” says Luis Hernandez, CEO, Cultiva.
Reiter is a veteran strategist in sustainable ag-tech. In her current role as founder and principal of SR Advisory, a boutique strategy firm, she supports innovative ag input companies focused on building commercial relationships and launching products in the biopesticides, seeds, traits and consumer foods markets. She has held marketing leadership roles with Bayer CropScience, AgraQuest, Arcadia BioSciences, and most recently, at Calyxt.
“It’s an honor to join Cultiva’s board of directors,” says Reiter. “I look forward to bringing my experiences to the team to help them build relationships with key influencers across the value chain and am excited about their future growth.”
Wasson recently retired as president of the Crop Protection Business Platform of Corteva Agriscience where she led the $7.2B business including P&L accountability, strategy, asset management and research and development investment. She held commercial leadership roles, as well as global portfolio roles in the crop protection and seeds and traits businesses. She also served as chairman of the board of CropLife America and chairman of the National FFA Foundation sponsors board.
“Cultiva is establishing an excellent advisory team,” says Wasson. “I’m excited about the opportunity to help them bring their solutions to growers across the globe.”
Cultiva has also made several investments in talent and is announcing strategic new roles and team members within the company as well as leadership promotions. Among these include:
- Daniel Manríquez Becerra, Ph.D., joins as global director of research and development. He will lead Cultiva’s global research and field development from his office in Santiago, Chile.
- Darin Sloan joins as strategic marketing and innovation director. He will oversee Cultiva’s integrated marketing efforts and drive global strategy in existing and new markets.
- Chris Hargrave joins as a technical sales representative for the Pacific Northwest. He will leverage his deep experience in packhouse quality and management to provide technical support and help reach customers across the value chain.
- James Johnson joins as production and supply chain manager. He will help manage Cultiva’s manufacturing operations and supply networks, helping to guarantee product quality and timely delivery.
- Evan Fonfa joins as controller where he will oversee accounting operations.
- Thiago Moraes is promoted to U.S. national sales manager. He will oversee sales objectives and strategies, helping sales team members to deliver on their goals.
“We have what I consider to be our dream team,” says Hernandez. “Their commitment and drive for our company’s success is evident, while also striving to a shared vision to help growers maximize their marketable yields.”
Cultiva is focused on providing safe, natural and innovative plant health solutions for the world’s agricultural markets. Our flagship product Parka®, powered by our proprietary SureSeal™ technology, is the only proven plant health solution that enhances the fruit and leaf cuticle, providing growers with season-long protection against environmental stressors to help maximize their marketable yields. Learn more at Cultiva.com.