Technical Sales Representative, California
Cultiva is at the forefront of plant cuticle health, exploring and testing the capabilities of our proprietary technology, and developing new applications to provide value to growers around the world.
Within our dynamic and collaborative environment, the Technical Sales Representative, California will play a significant role in making our Cultiva vision and strategy a reality. Working under the guidance of the North America Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Representative, California will be responsible for achieving sales targets, managing customer accounts, generating product demand, and providing technical sales support to our distributors and end users daily. The role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and determination to reach our customers and effectively convey the necessary information for them to make an informed decision. This role is highly visible and cross functional, requiring significant collaboration with other functions (marketing, R&D etc.).
- Establishes working relationships with specialty crop growers in the California market.
- Establishes excellent professional relationships with customers, stakeholders, and leaders including PCAs throughout the agricultural industry.
- Organizes and executes field trial demos, field days, promotional activities, trade show, and other marketing activities.
- Responsible for strategically achieving sales targets and objectives.
- Maintain and document well-organized, up-to-date, and accurate sales information and progress towards goals in the Company’s CRM system
- Delivers specific support on integrated crop solutions to key farmers in the area directly and/or indirectly through partnerships with distributor and independent technicians.
- Responsible for first-level distributor staff training on Technology and solutions.
- Collects market information on dealers, retail locations, growers, prices, agronomical trends, etc. through internal systems.
- Ensures customers understand the agreement on price positioning, negotiates and closes business deals.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required preferred in Agriculture or ag related field.
- 5-7 years of experience selling agricultural products preferably agricultural biotechnology.
- Possess detailed knowledge of specialty crops and production practices common to California.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply scientific concepts and become an expert on our portfolio of products.
- Ability to plan & organize activities, multi-task, and follow-through to accomplish goals.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and possess an outstanding work ethic.
- Outstanding communication skills -effective verbal and written communicator of detailed product information and technical concepts to our customers, distributor/dealer accounts, agronomists, researchers, growers, etc. in a range of environments that include everything from large group presentations to one-on-one meetings.
- Well-organized and a self-motivated individual that works well alone and with a team.
- PCA License preferred.
- Proficient with computers and basic programs – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned, flexibility & ability to handle change are imperative.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- This is a remote position; ideal candidate will live in the central valley of CA.
- The company will provide a company vehicle, laptop computer, and company phone.
- Offering a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and family as well as a 401(k) and equity plan.
Email your resume to [email protected].