Based in Las Vegas, NV, Cultiva is at the forefront of plant cuticle care, exploring and testing the capabilities of our proprietary SureSeal™ technology and developing new applications that provide agronomic value to growers around the world.
As the leading provider of plant cuticle care, we provide protection to high-value commercial crops like cherries, grapes, apples, and blueberries. Environmental challenges in agriculture are increasing, and growers and consumers are looking for sustainable solutions. We know our products can help.
With over seven years of demonstrated success, we strive to be the leader and subject matter expert in this emerging market segment.
The ideal candidate will be a hard charging thought leader who is capable of building on the existing momentum of the organization. As the CFO you will be responsible for charting a strategic course for the organization, development of financial strategy, financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, company audits, compliance, and external client relationship management.
Prior experience in M&A as it relates to financial modeling, investor relations, and related presentation of financial information is preferred.
You will collaborate with the CEO and the executive team to make decisions regarding company’s overall strategic and operational initiatives.
In short, you will need to possess a strong background in finance, management, and leadership.
In return, you will receive an above average base salary/compensation package. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to be a co-author in creating a high-performing financial accounting team, and culture within an organization that you can feel proud of.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Oversee cash flow, cash management, working capital, and company audits
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods
- As a member of the executive team, works closely with the CEO, leadership and management teams implementing a strategic plan that establishes goals, identifies key strategic issues that must be addressed and sets objectives and short, medium, and long-term plans for the organization
- Within the context of the strategic objectives, develops a plan that sets out a future vision for the finance, IT, corporate development, and legal functions and an action plan and budget for achieving it
- Ensures the Board has the information and analyses it needs to meet its fiduciary responsibilities
- Develops comprehensive bi-monthly and annual financial presentations for the Board and additional information and analyses as required
- Develops and executes financing strategies to support short and long-term financial requirements of the business
- Supports the leadership and management teams by keeping abreast of the overall business activities of the company, identifying opportunities, analyzing a broad range of management and operational information, and discussing issues to be addressed and initiatives to be undertaken
- Works with the CEO and leadership team in the development of financial and operational reports and key performance indicators to support best in class strategic, financial, and operational effectiveness and instill accountability
- Ensures corporate activities proceed according to authorized financial plans and that controls are in place to ensure appropriate approval and accountability
- Oversees all aspects of internal and external financial reporting including management reporting and financial reports to the Board and investors
- Ensures the timely and accurate preparation and filing of all tax returns
- Supports the sales team in the negotiation of major contracts. Ensures the financial terms meet the short and long-term objectives of the company
- Support all financial planning and analysis efforts
- Ensure legal compliance on all financial functions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or related discipline
- Above average command of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Strong finance-based analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks online
- Prior experience with NetSuite preferred
- Expert level MS Excel skills
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy people and working in a highly collaborative and consultative environment
Email your resume to [email protected].